It's time for the Carnival of the Cats again, brought to you by Bruiser, The Feline Theocracy's Holy Ambassador to the Kingdom of Dogs.
But what is the Carnival of the Cats, you ask? And why would a dog host it? Well, let me help.
First, about the Carnival:
The Carnival of the Cats is a weekly roundup of cat-related posts on weblogs. Its purpose is to provide a non-political respite from the vehement echo chamber that the Blogopshere spins itself into during the week, demonstrating that even the mightiest and meekest of pundits have a love of cats in common.
As for why a dog's hosting, I'll let Bruiser address that himself.
It is my belief that doing this will help in my continued efforts to bridge the gap between the two species.
I know we've had our differences in the past on many things, but I sincerely hope that we can put those problems in the past. I have a dream that one day we will all stand beside each other, paw in paw, and get along.
We've got a long road ahead of us if that's going to happen, but I believe we can do it.
With that said, let's get it started:
Since I said anything lolcats would go first, here goes...
- Jonathan Deamer takes a look at the inherent hilarity of cats.
Just my luck there'd only be one. Oh well.
- Beaman's World writes about breakfast.
- It's nap time over at OldController.
- Elisson's Matats has a womb with a view.
- Living the Scientific Life tells us that DNA testing has found that cheetahs get around.
So they have at least one thing in common with Paris Hilton?
- The Poor Mouth has Flrebathing Mimi. I promise this isn't something that will piss off PETA.
- Texas Oasis has found the real name for "bottlebrush" and has Alex.
- Gus Van Horn's cat is fatter than yours.
- Mélange has wishful thinking about a hummingbird and a cousin's cats.
- Chris Dolley has The Return of the Kai. Not quite Return of the Jedi, but close.
- Over at Manx Menws Abby's seeing aliens, although it looks more like a German Shepherd to me.
- At House of Chaos, little Hrimnir introduces himself.
- The Scratching Post brings us poetry about cats.
I CAN HAS POEM?
- Catymology has a feline that needs a little help and somebody who caught a chipmunk.
- This, That & The Other Thing show us what cats go through when you remodel their house.
- Anniemiz brings us some old pictures of Slim.
- Her Ladyship uses Rahel's foot as a pillow over at Elms in the Yard.
- Wes Phillips over at Stereophile says that Huckleberry wants a job. Bagheera is also in the zone.
- AyeAye tries to steal home over at Composite Drawlings. Was Andy Pettitte pitching then too?
- Momma Grace gave Audace a bath at Momma Grace & Company's namesake gave Audace a bath.
- Sisu shares the joys of spring.
Another joy of spring is that I get to be outside with Petey more!
- Begin Each Day brings us Tummy Tuesday.
- Izzy over at Mind of Mog had a quiet Memorial Day.
- Jan Bussey of Cascade Adventures shows us her supervisor.
- Pet's Garden Blog goes on a rant about irresponsible pet owners. I couldn't agree more.
- China Cat's Blog is speechless. In a good way.
- Sammawow's gang says WE CAN HAS TREATS?
- Ranger has Mew playing hide and seek.
- StrangeRanger shares some older pictures.
- Bows and Eli have decided that it's hammock time over at Val's Bien.
- Music and Cats discusses being creatures of habit.
- Over at Ego, Martin wonders if a black cat is good company on his journey to the sixth layer of hell.
And that's everything we got, so... um...
I need a nap now, so KTHXBYE
In all seriousness, thanks to everybody who's contributed and visited. I hope I can have y'all back here sometime... if I haven't ruffled too many feathers with having all these dog pictures in the carnival, that is.