|A screenshot of the new version of WLW. Click the image for full size.|
Thanks to Evil Dwight's Twitter, I became aware that a new version of Windows Live Writer was available.
It's got tons of new features, including
- Inline spell checking (the red squiggliy lines)
- Table editing
- Ability to add categories
- Page authoring for WordPress and TypePad
- Support for excerpts and extended entries
- Improved hyperlinking and image insertion
- Paste Special
- SharePoint 2007 support
- New APIs enabling custom extensions by weblog providers
- Automatic synchronization of local and online edits
- Integration with Windows Live Gallery
- Support for Blogger Labels
- Available in 6 languages
- Improved accessibility and keyboard support
Not to mention a revamped interface that's much nicer looking than the old one.
It also has more integrated support for platforms like WordPress and TypePad.
The only thing in it that bugs me is that it doesn't allow for setting the alignment of a table, but that's easily fixed by adding an align="right" (or left) to the code. But I shouldn't have to.
Setting up a blog on it is so easy anybody could do it.
All in all, I say it's a great improvement to the best blogging software of it's kind out there. Download it here. Just be aware that the installer will try to get you to set your Internet Explorer homepage and set your default search engine to MSN.
Crossposted to Through our eyes
Post a Comment